14 February 2014

Week Of Love Valentines Challenge - Freestyle/Recreate Another's

Hi everyone. Happy Valentines Day! I have had a very busy morning this morning but now I am waiting for my boyfriend to come home so we can spend the rest of the day together :).

It's the last day of the challenge, I am kinda sad it's over! I love taking part in these challenges. The last theme is freestyle/recreate another's, I decided to go with the latter and recreate this design by b_jessica_3 on instagram. If you aren't already following her go check her out as her nails are gorgeous!


To see my version of this design read on after the jump.




I started with a base of Barry M - Matt White on all my nails.


I then painted my letters in each finger using OPI - Pinking Of You, OPI - A Definite Moust Have, NYC - Moma and OPI - Embarca Dare Ya.


I'm not sure what Jessica did on her thumb, so I went for a heart. I did this by painting the outline and then blend the four colours above within the outline. The tip looked a little naked so I added the XOXO (even though this is a bit wonky).


As usual I sealed it all in with topcoat.


I thought these were pretty cute, I still prefer Jessica's version though! I think they are very appropriate for Valentines Day.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this!! You did a great job, and thank you for joining the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like them. I had a great time participating, thanks for hosting :)

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com