13 January 2014

Pick A Polish: NYC - Skin Tight Denim

Hi loves. How is everyone? I am glad to have the evening to myself to relax :).

It's that time of the week again.. which means it's time for Pick A Polish. This week it is the turn of NYC - Skin Tight Denim.


For swatches and nail art read on after the jump.

I haven't used this polish much before (this seems to be a theme with a lot of my polishes). But I do love the colour so I am not really sure why.


Skin Tight Denim is a dark blue polish with an almost metallic finish (I'm not quite sure how to explain it). This photo shows 2 coats without topcoat, as you can see it is pretty shiny. The formula was a tad thick and if I went over the same patch twice I got bald patches, so you need to make sure each coat is dry with this one. 

Now for the nail art..


I filled in half of each nail with Color Club - White.


I freehanded the red stripes using China Glaze - Hey Sailor.


Finally I added the gold stripe using a striping brush with an unnamed W7 - Gold.


I didn't intend it but these have a rather nautical feel to them, due to my colour choices. That isn't something I would generally go for but I have to admit I quite liked it. My freehand has definitely been improving lately, I never would have been able to paint stripes like this a few months ago.

What do you think?

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com