18 January 2014

Copycat Saturday: Colourful Sponged Manicure

Hello loves. How are you all? I hope you all have wonderful weekends. My laptop is doing strange things at the moment.. I hope it doesn't die on me :(.

For Copycat Saturday this week I recreated this design by Polish You Pretty. I have always known about their blog, but have only literally just found their bloglovin' button so have only just started following them properly (it's hidden right at the bottom). But I have had this design pinned on my pinterest for ages so I figured it was finally time to give it a go.



For more pictures click below.

This nail art is so easy, seriously anyone could do it.



To start with I painted all my nails with Models Own - Nude Beige.



I cut little bits off a make up sponge and just dabbed my chosen colours on.



The blue is Leighton Denny - Blue Lagoon, the orange is Barry M - Papaya and the pink is OPI - A Definite Moust Have.

I was pretty pleased with these, I think I prefer the colour choices in the original design more though - mine look a bit dark. However this is possibly the easiest nail art ever, it is almost impossible to mess up. So for that reason I have a feeling something similar will be gracing my nails again at some point.

What are your thoughts? Have you tried anything similar before?

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, what a great combination of colours and as you say, quite simple to do. I have no ability for most kinds of nail art, but I love how this looks so will probably take the plunge. You should do a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my love. It is very easy so you should definitely give it a go. I have been meaning to start doing tutorials so maybe I should have a go with this one to start.

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com