28 January 2014

January Tri Polish Challenge: Red, Yellow and Orange.

Good morning everyone. A nice early post from me today as I am feeling organised :).

It's the final day of January's Tri Polish Challenge, if you missed my first three posts you can see them herehere and here



I had big ambitions for this design.. it didn't turn out exactly as I had planned in my head, but I was still pretty proud of these ones.

If you want to see what I created carry on reading after the jump.


I was inspired by this image for this design. Yes, that is a lion made of fire!



Yeah, not exactly like my inspiration but I think I am probably just being picky :P. I started with a base of W7 - Black on all my nails.



I freehanded my lion using China Glaze - Hey Sailor, Essie - Fear or Desire and Nicole by OPI - Hit The Lights



I added some stripes to my pinky, middle finger and thumb using the same three polishes and a striping brush.



So maybe not exactly like the photo I was inspired by, but I was still pretty happy with these. I think you can tell that this is supposed to be a lion and the colours are reminiscent of fire. 

What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing! Just... wow!
    Also I am nominating you for the Friendship Blogger Award: http://druidnails.blogspot.nl/2014/01/friendship-blogger-award-yay.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) and for the nomination, I shall try and get that posted soon.

      Delete
  2. Wowzers! This is incredible, I love it. And it certainly does look like a lion - he just doesn't look too happy! Although he is on fire, so that figures :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Haha, yeah I don't think I'd be smiling if I was on fire either.

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com