7 January 2014

January Tri Polish Challenge: Red, Yellow and Orange.

Hello everyone. I hope you all had good days, mine was long!

For the new year I wanted to join a challenge or something similar for my blog, since I enjoyed the 12 Days Of Christmas Challenge so much. I recently joined Crumpet's Nail Tarts group on Facebook and saw a post on there about the Tri Polish Challenge themes for the new year so I decided to give that a go. For those of you who may not be aware of what this challenge entails, there are 3 colours set each month for the challenge. You then have to create a manicure each week using those set colours.


For January the theme is red, orange and yellow. I have chosen to use China Glaze - Hey Sailor, Essie - Fear Or Desire and Nicole by OPI - Hit The Lights.

To see what nail art I created just click below.


I had problems photographing this manicure with the design lining up so apologies for the awkward hand positions and weird photos lol.


For these nails I was inspired by this image. I started with a white base colour on all my nails.


I used a nail art brush to paint on the sun, I dragged the polishes into each other to try and blend them together. Once I was happy with this I went round the outline with W7 - Black and then filled in the background.


I freehanded my bird using a detail brush and W7 - Black again. This took a couple of attempts, I had to give him some facial reconstruction surgery because he was a bit messed up the first time around. The design looks weird when its not lined up.


I wasn't really sure what to do for my thumb, so I just did a gradient with the three challenge colours.


I was pretty bloody proud of these, I don't think my photos quite do them justice but I was happy that I managed to make it look like a bird across all my nails (at least I think it does anyway). 

What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so beautiful! You did an awesome job! Your bird is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, you should be bloody proud - these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bird, good work! And I like that orange you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Vicky!
    I love how you smoothly blended the colors. Really gorgeous!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it took me a while to get the colours like that!

      Delete
  5. These look perfect -- I love how the bird is silhouetted against the "sun"! Great use of the three colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh these are fantastic! Love your use of colours, and how the bird flows across your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm speechless!! This is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com