4 January 2014

Copycat Saturday: Skulls and Diamonds

Hello lovelies. How are you all? I'm glad its the weekend (as usual) and I am looking forward to a meal out with my friends this evening.

Its time for this week's Copycat manicure and this week I have recreated this design by XOXO Alexis Leigh. I haven't copied this one exactly, I have made a couple of changes (mainly because I don't own suitable stamping plates) but it is definitely very similar.


Click below for full details on this manicure.

I used a base of OPI - This Gown Needs A Crown on all my nails apart from my ring finger which was W7 - Black.


I secured my studs using top coat. 


I freehanded the diamond on my ring finger, using the same two polishes and a detail brush.


I also freehanded my skull with my detail brush. My crossbones are a little wonky!

I was pretty happy with these, it was fun to wear something over the top and blingy. I was going to attempt to paint a unicorn on my thumb like in the original design.. but I decided I'm not that brave so just went with a stud.

What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com