2 November 2013

Inspired By A Dress.

Hello lovelies. I hope we all have exciting weekends planned, I was working this morning so my weekend starts now!

I had no idea what to call this design, hence my very creative title. I was browsing the Topshop website and spotted this dress (which I think I might need). I thought it was very pretty, but instead of blowing £34 I decided to put it on my nails instead.


I used a base of Barry M - Watermelon. This is a lovely polish but stained my nails like a bitch, even when I doubled up on base coat.


I then used Revlon - Minted and a striping brush to make sort of like tiger/zebra stripes.


Finally I freehanded all the little squares with a detail brush and a white creme. This was ridiculously fiddly.


I wasn't sure about these at first, but they grew on me and I ended up quite liking them. They are far from perfect, tiny squares are hard to paint! I was also hoping to get more of the design on the nail, but that kinda went out the window, oh well.

Let me know what you think in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com