9 November 2013

Neon Pond Manicure

Hi everyone. I hope you all have exciting weekends planned, I am still trying to rest my feet!

Today I have a 'pond manicure' to show you. I took inspiration from Chalkboard Nails' post here, but instead of flowers like hers I did my lines thinner to try and make them look like stars. According to her post this technique was originally by Olive View FashionI really want to try this with a dark blue jelly now, so I have ordered one just to try it out, if it comes out how I imagine it will be like stars in the night sky (hopefully lol).


If you are not already familiar with this technique you use a jelly polish (as it is sheer and you can see through the layers) and add nail art or stamping etc. after each coat of polish. So you can see the pattern at different depths through the polish. Did that make any sense? 


I used China Glaze - Shell-o and my usual unnamed Color Club white.



I really really loved how this came out, I didn't want to take it off. Like I said earlier, I will be trying this again in blue. So if it works out you will be seeing this again at some point. 

What are your thoughts? Have you tried anything similar? 

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. i love it, they look like nail wraps!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These are one of my faves that I have done lately.

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com