13 November 2013

#BritishBloggerSelection: Q&A

Hello everyone. 

Today I have my first post for #BritishBloggerSelection, this week we are doing a Q&A post so we can find out a little more about the people taking part. So lets get straight into the questions..

1. Why do you like blogging?
I enjoy blogging as I find it a good creative outlet. Before I had my blog I still used to do my nails lots but the only people I really shared it with was my boyfriend and my family, but now I post on my blog I get to share my obsession with like minded people.

2. How did you come up with your blog name?
I don't think I did anything special, just wrote down all the names I could think of and picked the one I liked the most, although mine probably isn't the most creative name.

3. Where in the UK do you come from?
I am from Colchester in Essex (its really not as bad as Bouncers on Channel 4 last week made it out to be).

4. Favourite colour?
I am very indecisive and fickle when it comes to this kind of thing, but currently I really like purple and teal.

5. Do you like Lana Del Ray?
I don't mind her, but she isn't my favourite.

6. Hidden talents that you have?
Well I guess my talent is nail art.. but that isn't exactly hidden lol.

7. Celebrity crush?
I don't mind a bit of Channing Tatum.

8. Favourite blog of all time?
Not sure I can pick one... I read way too many. Some of my favourites have to be Chalkboard NailsPaulina's PassionsSincerely Stephanie and The Nailasaurus. My favourites that aren't just nail blogs have to be Miss Budget Beauty and Make Up Savvy. But there are so many talented bloggers out there, its so hard to pick a few.

9. What made you want to join #BritishBloggerSelection?
I thought it would be a good challenge to have to think up a design for a theme each week. I hope it will also introduce me to some other blogs that aren't just nail orientated, so I can broaden my blog reading horizons.

So that's it for the questions, but I couldn't leave you guys without something nail related too. After not really knowing what to do I just decided to do some nails based on my blog design. My blog has had a little bit of a spruce up lately in case you hadn't noticed, I think it looks much cleaner now.



For the base I used a white creme from Color Club.



I freehanded the whole design. The black is Rimmel - Black Cab, the turquoise/teal (I don't even know the difference between those two colours) is another unnamed Color Club and the grey is Barielle - U-Concrete-Me.



So well done if you have got this far in this post, I hope my answers didn't bore you too much!

If you are interested in joining the #BritishBloggerSelection then there is more info here.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. loving the new design! its cool that its inspired by your background! all your fave blogs are pretty much mine too :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad you like it, I was a bit stuck for inspiration on this one lol. Their blogs are soo good aren't they!

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com