27 November 2013

#BritishBloggerSelection: Favourite Make Up.. Kinda!

Hello lovelies. I hope everyone's day is going well. I have just finished work and I have the rest of the week off as it is my birthday tomorrow, its so good to just relax!

Today I have another instalment of the #BritishBloggerSelection for you. This weeks prompt was your favourite make up. Now I am no expert when it comes to make up, and I have a pretty limited collection (all my money is spent on nail polish). So since this is a nail blog I decided to show you my current favourite 10 polishes in my stash. I think a group of bloggers did a post like this last week, which I wanted to join in on, as I had just heard about it after I had done all my swatches. But it would have been the wrong week for this post so I decided to go it alone instead lol.


This post is pretty picture heavy so read on after the jump.


Up first we have Deborah Lippmann - Good Girl Gone Bad.


Good Girl Gone Bad is a dark purple/plummy base with fuschia sparkle running through it, so beautiful! This photo shows 3 coats, however the third was barely needed. Application was a breeze, I really love Deborah Lippmann brushes. It did dry a bit flat however so a topcoat is needed to bring out the beauty of this shade.

Next is Nail Lacquer UK - Golden Apple


I have swatched this on the blog before, but I loved it so much I wanted to do it again. Golden Apple is a gorgeous green duochrome which shifts gold. This photo shows 3 coats with a topcoat. You have to be careful with application as it can be a bit brush strokey, but not enough to bother me. Its such a unique colour, I don't own anything else even remotely like this.

Number 3 on the list is KBShimmer - Every Nook And Cranberry.



Every Nook and Cranberry is a bright pink base with pink and blue shimmer running through it. It dries to a matte finish (shown in the first photo), but I personally think a topcoat really makes it sing. In the photos I used 3 coats, like the Deborah Lippmann polish the third coat was only just needed. Formula was good to work with, I had no issues with the application. This one was definitely worth the expensive shipping to get it to the UK!

Moving on to Essie - Aruba Blue.


This is really lovely metallic royal blue shade. This is two coats, I think if you have shorter nails this could be a one coater. I did use a topcoat on this, but it was just as shiny without it anyway. The formula was good and it was very easy to apply. This is such a striking colour. 

At the halfway point we have Orly - Miss Conduct.


Miss Conduct is a beautiful, bright pink holo. In this photo I used two coats without a topcoat, it dries to a very shiny finish. The formula was lovely, application caused me no issues. This colour is really beautiful when the light hits it, but it is still pretty in the shade which is sometimes not the case with holo's.

Next up is Cirque - Erda.


Erda is an emerald green shimmery polish. This is 3 coats, it is a bit sheer but builds easily. I did add a topcoat for this one, but like Aruba Blue it didn't really make a difference. As with most of these polishes the formula was good and easy to work with. I really love wearing this one.

Now is the turn of Sally Hansen - Gilded Lily.


Gilded Lily is a fine gold glitter, with a warm tone to it. This colour is not the best on my skin tone, but I can't resist a good gold glitter bomb, especially at this time of year. I used 3 coats here for opacity without a topcoat. I am not a fan of the brush, this brush is quite wide and to make it worse some of the bristles in my bottle are splayed, so when it came to my little finger I found it hard not to make a mess. But its still pretty :).

Moving on we have OPI - Underneath The Mistletoe


Underneath The Mistletoe is a red jelly base with a gorgeous shimmer running through it. This was two coats without a topcoat, it dried very shiny. Formula and application were good, as often is the case with OPI. I think this is the perfect shade for Christmas, it is definitely my favourite from the latest OPI collection. 

Almost there.. next is A-England - Saint George.


Saint George is a deep green holo polish. The holo in this isn't that strong but its still beautiful. For this photo I used 1 coat, which is pretty bloody amazing! This is also possibly the best formula I have ever used. Why do I not own more A England polishes?! This is definitely a must have in my opinion. 

Finally we have OPI - Tiffany Case.


Tiffany Case is a metallic blue textured polish. This is two coats, obviously I didn't use topcoat as it it textured. The formula was good, however I am finding it is getting a little gluggy now I have used it a few times, but nothing too major. This is the textured polish that started my love for the trend. 

So thats it! Well done if you got this far, this was definitely a lengthy post. I'm not sure I can pick a number one favourite, and I'm sure in about a month I will have changed my mind about what my favourites are anyway. It was definitely a challenge trying to whittle it down to ten.

What are your current favourites? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for looking. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow love your favourites and your gorgeous nails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is lovely isn't it :) just a shame I have such a messed up brush in my bottle!

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com