21 November 2013

Half & Half Textured Manicure

Hi everyone. I hope you are all well. 

Today I have quite a simple design to show you which was inspired by this look by Stephanie of A Little Polish. I just loved the mixture of different finishes and the colour scheme so recreated  it on myself. I apologise that these photos are so dark, my boyfriend had been messing with settings on my camera and I couldn't figure out what he had done! He fixed it in the end though so these are the only dodgy photos.


I started with a base of Sally Hansen - Cinnasnap and added a topcoat at this point. I tested out a Color Club topcoat for this, instead of my usual Seche Vite. I have to say I was impressed.


Once this was dry I used a striping brush to draw a line across my nail with Barry M - Countess. I then filled one half of the nail in using the brush from the bottle.


I don't love my version as much as the one I was inspired by, but its still pretty. I think I needed a lighter textured polish than Countess, but that was the best I could do in my stash.

Are you still loving the textured trend?

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com