16 October 2014

52 Week Pick & Mix Challenge - 60s/Matte or Texture

Hello my loves. It's nearly Friday! 

I have this weeks installment of the 52 week challenge for you today; the themes this week are 60s and matte or texture. I didn't find these themes as easy as the previous two - gone are the days of just doing a gradient! 


Click below for more.



I'm no expert on the 1960s.. it was 30 years before I was born! But after some googling of sixties fashion and patterns etc I eventually settled on these peace signs. I painted my thumb, ring finger and little finger with W7 - Black and my index and middle fingers with Sinful Colors - Snow Me White. I freehanded on my peace sign with the opposite colour to the base - these were pretty hard to paint! Then using my OPI - Sheer Tints I blobbed on each colour over the white spaces to create a tie dye kind of effect. The I topped it off with Rimmel - Matte Topcoat to cover the matte side of the theme.




I was fairly happy with these - they aren't my best work I don't think though. I'm not sure if I have 100% embodied the 60s but I tried at least! 

Let me know what you think in the comments.

See you next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com