11 July 2014

Holiday Nails!

Hello my loves. I'm back! I got home about half past four this morning so I am very very tired and not feeling too great now, but I had an amazing holiday and I want to go back already!

So today I had planned to show you the next Fingerfood's Theme Buffet prompt, however I realised this morning that last week's post should have been this weeks and I got all my prompts mixed up.. so I shall start again from next week lol. Instead I shall show you the nails I wore on holiday and also the nails I did for my friends. 


Read on after the jump for more.



I ran out of time before going on holiday to do anything too fancy, so I decided to use Dance Legend - Holy Diver. This is my absolute favourite polish at the moment and it looks awesome in the sun! I freehanded a flower accent nail using acrylic paint. 



I went away with four of my friends, three of them wanted their nails done too.



Rachel let me have free reign to do what I wanted (very brave of her lol) so we settled on this design inspired by this manicure by Chalkboard Nails. The flowers were created using the bottles from the brush, the centres using a dotting tool and the leaves using a detail brush. The base colour is Barry M - Lychee and the leaves are Barry M - Key Lime and Barry M - Spring Green. The pink flowers are China Glaze - Heat Index and NYC - MoMa, the purple ones are Color Club - Puccilicious and China Glaze - Charmed, I'm Sure and the orange ones are China Glaze - Sun Of A Peach and Sally Hansen - Fiery Island.



These nails were for Katie, which she had seen a picture of by someone else on the internet. I can't seem to find the original picture now, but if you know who came up with this design please let me know so I can credit the correct person! The base colour is NYC - MoMa and I used Sinful Colors - Snow Me White, Nicole by OPI - Hit The Lights and a detail brush for the little daisies on her tips.



Finally these were Jenny's nails. She wanted my neon gradient with flowers nails that I did a few weeks ago. The gradient is Models Own - Flip Flop, Models Own - Beach Bag and Models Own - Shades and I used Sinful Colors - Snow Me White for the flowers. 



I tried to take a photo of my nails whilst I was on a camel but my camera wouldn't focus and the camel wouldn't stay still, at least I tried right?!

I was very happy with my nails, they almost lasted the whole holiday - I only chipped one nail - which isn't bad for a week. The girls seemed happy with their nails too, we definitely had the coolest nails in the resort ;). 

Let me know what you think.

See you next time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com