9 May 2014

My Very First Watermarble

Hello lovelies. It's FRIDAAAY! And my foot is starting to feel better so I am in a good mood this afternoon. I don't usually post on a Friday but I have so much to show you at the moment that I decided to post this today :).

I have something very exciting to show you today, something that I am immensely proud of.. I DID A WATER MARBLE!! Now if you have been following this blog for a while you may have noticed I have never posted anything about water marbling at all, this is because every time I have tried it previously it has ended in either tears or tantrums (or a combination of the two). However this time I had a little help in the form of an amazing book written by fellow blogger and nail art addict Tracey, which I will go into more detail about shortly.


For more read on after the jump.


Since I am a complete novice when it comes to water marbling I decided to keep it simple, so I used two colours and didn't go too crazy with my pattern.


I used a base of Sinful Colors - Snow Me White and I used Barry M - Guava and Barry M - Sugar Apple for the water marble.


I kept messing up my ring finger, so in the end I decided to go for an accent nail. I used Barry M - Guava and did a glitter gradient with Barry M - Boots Limited Edition polish.


So as I mentioned at the beginning of the post I had a little help from a lovely book on water marbling that Tracey of Bite No More has written. This lady is the queen of water marbling in my eyes and she has so much knowledge on the subject, so her book is packed full of hints and tips that has made water marbling achievable for me! It goes into lots of detail which was very helpful for a beginner like me and shows lots of different designs which I can't wait to try out. Tracey is selling these as a flip book style (within the UK) and also a PDF file (available internationally), if you are interested in a copy you can contact Tracey on Facebook here.

I was so pleased that I finally managed to pull off a water marble, I still have lots of improvements to make but I think this is a great start. I think you may be seeing some more water marbles from me in the future.

Let me know what you think in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. Love this so much. Glad my book helped you :) great colour choices too <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a first it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Your water marble skills are off to an amazing start! I hope to see more gorgeous marbles from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, I'm sure I will be trying this out again :)

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com