22 September 2014

Pick A Polish: China Glaze - Ingrid.

Hi everyone. I hope Monday hasn't treated you too badly. I didn't sleep very well last night so I have been realllly tired today, but I do only have a four day week at work this week so the thought of that is getting me through :).

This week for Pick A Polish I shall be showing you China Glaze - Ingrid. I don't own many browns, it's not a colour I will usually pick to wear, I just have a few different shades for nail art. Despite this I do often really like browns when I wear them and this is no exception.



Click below for more.




Ingrid is a mid brown creme with a pretty golden shimmer running through it. I think it is the shimmer that really makes this polish, it's gives it a little extra something. Now I'm looking back at this swatch I've only just realised that it looks a lot darker in this photo - the nail art photos are more colour accurate. I used two coats without topcoat for this swatch, I find China Glaze can often be a bit hit and miss formula wise, but this one is definitely a hit - it applied beautifully smooth. I've tried to capture the shimmer for you below, but it was a little camera shy.





For my nail art I went with a 'striped gradient' design. Once Ingrid was completely dry I applied some striping tape and then did a gradient using Ingrid and OPI - Love.Angel.Music.Baby. Once I removed my striping tape I was left with some stripey goodness. On my thumb some of the backing of my striping tape stuck to my nail but I actually quite liked how it looked, shame it didn't happen on all my nails to make them match :P.







I really liked these nails and this polish. I say this every time I wear a brown but I really need to wear them more often! 

Do you like a brown polish? Let me know what you think.

Have a great day.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com