6 September 2014

Colour Block Leaves

Hello lovelies. I hope you are all having a lovely weekend, this is another scheduled post. Hopefully I am starting to build up my tan by now!

Today I have some autumn-y, leafy nails to show you. I decided to try and be a bit unique with my leaves and do a colour clock type design, I have to admit it looked a lot better in my head :P.


Click below for more.


For my base colour I used Avon - Lime Splatter. I think this is the main reason I don't like this manicure that much, there's too much green going on - I think it would have been better with a different colour background. I painted on the shape of my leaves using Sinful Colors - Snow Me White so my colours would all show up properly over the background. Then I filled in the leaves in blocks using Nails Inc - Bruton Mews, OPI - Thanks A Windmillion, OPI - Amazon.. Amazoff, Barry M - Key Lime and Models Own - Apple Pie. I thought the background looked a bit plain so I added some dots using OPI - Amazon.. Amazoff.




So as you can probably tell, I wasn't particularly in love with this nail art. I like the idea, and I think it could look good but I don't think I quite pulled it off. I might try it again at a later date, maybe with some autumnal colours instead.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great weekend everyone.

4 comments:

  1. I honestly really like these! Love the abstractness of the colourblocking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my love, its all just a bit too green for me! lol

      Delete
  2. Awesome freehand, I thought these were stamped! I love, love, love green so I really like these! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I normally like green but not so much here haha!

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com