5 June 2014

Florals and Stripes

Hello everyone. I hope you're all having a good week. I have been a busy bee this week.

Today I have some nails to show you which I was inspired to do whilst looking at clothes on the internet. I found quite a lot of inspiration so be prepared to see quite a few of these posts!


Read on after the jump for more details.



Above is the dress I was inspired by from ASOS. It's not necessarily something I would wear but I quite liked the contrast of the harsh lines and softer flowers and figured it would make a nice manicure.


I used a base of Sinful Colors - Snow Me White on all my nails.


For my index and middle fingers I used striping tape to create the lines and painted over with W7 - Black. I used W7 - Black with a detail brush for my little finger.


I freehanded all my flowers. On my thumb I used OPI - Innie Minnie Mighty Bow, Sally Hansen - Cinnasnap and for the lighter colour I mixed Innie Minnie Mighty Bow with white.


For my blue flowers I used two Unnamed Color Club blues and China Glaze - Up All Night.


I was pretty pleased with how these came out, like I said earlier I like the contrast between the flowers and the lines. I think it's fairly unique as well which I enjoyed :).

Let me know what you think in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com