17 December 2013

12 Days Of Christmas Challenge: Day 9 - Snowmen

Hi everyone. How are you all? I am needing the weekend already!

It's day 9 of the challenge, today's prompt is snowmen. I was really looking forward to today's theme, I have seen so many cute snowmen nails and I couldn't wait to do some of my own.


I came across this design and fell in love so this is what I went with. Plus its based on The Snowman which I used to watch over and over again as a child.


Read on after the jump.


I started with a base of an unnamed blue Color Club.


I sponged on Barry M - Blue Moon, Barry M - Blueberry, Rimmel - Blue Eyed Girl and Color Club - White and then topped that with a coat of Sally Hansen - Diamonds.


On all my nails bar my ring finger I added on the white dots with a dotting tool.


For my snowman I freehanded the outline with Color Club - White and added the shading with Barry M - Blue Moon. For the hat and scarf I used OPI - Uh Oh Roll Down The Window and Leighton Denny - Shipwrecked. The nose is Essie - Fear or Desire and the black details are Rimmel - Black Cab.

 I love this guy, he is so cute! Even if I do say so myself. 

I was very pleased with these, I couldn't stop staring at my nails. Possibly my favourite I have done in the challenge so far. 

What are your thoughts? 

Don't forget to check out the other participants designs.

Thanks for looking.

11 comments:

  1. Love the snowman and sparkly top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Great job with the sponging; it really looks nice. Your snowman is spectacular. I don't blame you for wanting to stare at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Haha yes I definitely spent a lot of time staring at these ones.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I love that film! It breaks my heart every year but HAS to be watched! Did you see The Snowman and the Snowdog last year? That was gorgeous too! Just like these nails, they're lovely, and your snowman is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't, I think I may need to watch it this year. Thank you lovely :)

      Delete
  4. OH! the snowman, love him!! and love watching it, never fails to make me well up at the end though! it looks so much like him, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little snowman! Love all the setail with the shading. I tired to do some shading on mine and failed epicly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it. Lol I wasn't sure how the shading would turn out, but I think I managed to pull it off.

      Delete
  6. Beautifully painted! You really captured the spirit of the film :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com