23 December 2013

12 Days Of Christmas Challenge: Day 12 - Freestyle Christmas Mani

Hello my loves. I hope everyone is okay. I'm not very well at all today, I have had to take the day off work. I hope I shake this off before Christmas! I'm glad I had this post written up in advance because I think I need to go back to bed now lol.

It's the final day of the challenge, as I have said previously I shall definitely miss doing this. I'm not sure I'll know what to blog about now I won't have a theme to use lol. Maybe I need to find another challenge to join :).


Today's theme is a freestyle Christmas mani, so I took that as anything Christmassy. I wanted to do something a bit different and when I came across this design by Nails by Kayla Shevonne I decided that I needed to try it. I was going to try and think up a design myself and be original, but her mani was way cooler than anything I was thinking anyway lol.


Click below for more.


Yep, a Christmas galaxy manicure. I personally think that is like the coolest concept ever. My base colour is OPI - Inne Minnie Mighty Bow.


I sponged on Color Club - White, Rimmel - Camouflage and Nicole by OPI - The Next CEO in a galaxy style.


I added little dots of Cirque - Helios for some extra added glitz.


I then painted on the stars using Color Club - White and a detail brush.

I really loved the outcome of these. I love galaxy manicures and I love Christmas so for me it is the perfect combination! Although I think the original design by Kayla is much better than mine.

What are your thoughts? What's your favourite twist on a galaxy manicure? 

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous and so festive! Awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I hope you are feeling better by now and had a wonderful Christmas =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes much better now thanks. I hope you had a great Christmas too :)

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com