24 March 2014

Pick A Polish: Dream - White Lace

Hi loves. I hope you are all well. Apologies I had a little hiatus over the weekend.. I was on a weekend away in Edinburgh and I had meant to schedule Saturday's post, but I completely forgot to schedule it.. doh! But I will be back to posting as normal now :).

So for this week's Pick A Polish Dream - White Lace was chosen. I was a bit stumped when this polish was chosen.. I use white a lot for details in nail art but it's not normally the focus of it, so coming up with an idea I liked was a bit of a challenge for me. But I got there in the end :).


To see what I came up with click below.



Dream - White Lace is a plain white cream. I haven't really used this one before.. I don't actually remember buying it but I was pleasantly surprised with the formula. I used 2 coats without topcoat for the swatch. It was a bit patchy on the first coat but evened out nicely with the second which I think is pretty good for a white. I'm always on the look out for a good white and I had one in my helmer all along lol.

Now for the nail art..


I went for a simple monochrome design for this as I still wanted the white to be the main focus. 


Over White Lace I added a coat of Butter London - Frilly Knickers for a bit of sparkle :).


Then using a dotting tool I added a row of dots in W7 - Black across each nail and added a smaller dot of Dream - White Lace over each black dot.


I was really pleased with both this polish and this design. I don't do many black and white manicures but I think I may have to do them more often, I always like the outcome. 

What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com