14 October 2013

Nail Lacquer UK Swatches

Hello lovelies. I hope we all had a good weekend. I am off to Cyprus tomorrow for a week of sun and a much needed break from work. But I have been painting my nails like crazy for the past few weeks so I still have some posts scheduled to show you. I have never scheduled a post before though so I hope it works lol, I guess we shall find out :).

Anyway, today I have some swatches to show you. I am not much of a swatchy person, I much prefer to post nail art as I think it more interesting. However I loved these polishes so much I just had to share them! I had been eyeing up Nail Lacquer UK's etsy store for a little while and I finally caved and bought a few to try out. 


This post is quite picture heavy so click the jump for all the swatches.

Aren't the bottles cute?! They all come with a little charm which I think is a really great touch. Also included in my orders were some lovely nail decals, which I have used along with my swatches. It was first time using nail decals, but I have fallen in love lol. 

First up we have Midnight.


Midnight is a blue jelly base with pink circle glitter, little holo hexes and little silver and blue micro glitters (I suck at describing glitter). This is two coats over a blue creme (I forgot which one, oops) but I think it could be built to opacity on its own. The formula was good, I did have fish for the larger glitters a bit but you kinda come to expect that with these types of polishes. It really was beautiful, I don't think my pictures did it justice.





I loved this decal. On my ring finger is Barry M - Lychee.


Here is a dodgy phone snap which shows the glitter better, I had it on for a few days at this point so please excuse the tip wear.

Next up we have Twilight Sparkle.


Twilight Sparkle is a milky purple base with different sized white hexes, little white and purple squares and tiny purple hexes. This is 3 coats on its own, the first layer was a bit sheer but it built up easily. I didn't have to fish for glitters at all in this one.





Finally we have my favourite.. Golden Apple.


Golden Apple is a green duochrome with a gold shift, I love it so much! I have nothing else like this in my stash. The formula was good, I used 3 coats here but I think 2 would have been sufficient if I hadn't rushed the application. If you go over the same spot twice you do get a few bald spots, so you need to make sure each layer is dry before you add the next one. I was expecting this to show brush strokes up really easily, it did a tiny bit but its not really that noticeable so I was very pleased.




I couldn't stop staring at my nails when I was wearing this one.

So overall I really loved these polishes and would definitely recommend them. I will definitely be getting some more. I got full size bottles which are £6.50 but there are a few mini ones available which are £3.50, so very affordable in my opinion.

Just to make it clear I bought this polishes with my own money and all these views are my own, I really do just love them that much lol.

Have you tried anything from this brand? What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com