11 May 2013

Spring Inspired Skittle Mani

I'm baaack! Did you miss me?

I apologise for my hiatus but sometimes life gets a bit hectic. But I am all moved into my new flat now, and slowly getting everything sorted. So I now have a bit more free time and have finally managed to do something interesting with my nails.

For this design I took a lot of inspiration from The Nailasaurus, her blog is one of the first that I started following and she is a truly awesome nail artist. If you haven't seen her blog already (where have you been hiding?!) there is a link to it here, I highly recommend you check it out.


Click below for more.

On the thumb and ring finger I attempted some freehand roses, following this tutorial here by The Nailasaurus. Mine are no where near as neat as hers, but I don't think mine are too bad for a first attempt. For these I used a base of Essie - First Timer and the roses consisted of OPI - I Theodora You (which was in hindsight not the best polish to use for this, way too sheer), China Glaze - Life Is Rosy and Barry M - Matte White. The leaves are Barry M - Spring Green. The roses and leaves were all freehanded using a small nail art brush.


On my index and pinky finger I did a scattered dot gradient. I started with a base of OPI - I Theodora You and added the dots using Essie - First Timer, Essie - Under-where? and Essie -  In The Cab-ana and a dotting tool. I love these colours!


On my middle finger I did a gradient with some stripes, The Nailasaurus did an awesome gradient tutorial here. I started with a base of Barry M - Matte White. Once that was dry I added some striping tape and then did my gradient over that using Essie - Under Where and Essie - In The Cab-ana.

I was pretty pleased with how this turned out. I think the colours are perfect for spring. I am so happy to have time to get back into my nail art again!

Which bloggers inspire you the most? I am always looking for new blogs to follow.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com