31 March 2013

Easter Nails.

I hope everyone is having a nice and relaxing Easter, I am spending my day painting my nails and catching up on lots of telly. It's so good to have some time off work!

To celebrate the occasion I thought I would do some Easter themed nails. I knew I wanted to incorporate bunnies or chicks, but I couldn't decide which so I went for both :). I am pretty happy with how these turned out, I think they are rather cute (even if I do say so myself).



For the gradients I used Models Own - Fuzzy Peach and Rimmel - Ultra Violet on my thumb, Avon - Lemon Sugar and OPI - Can't Find My Czechbook on my middle finger and for my pinkie I used Ciate - Strawberry Milkshake and an unnamed polish I picked up from New Look last year. To do the gradients I painted on the first colour and dabbed on the second with a make up sponge and then blended them together. I am fairly happy with the gradients however I think they are something I need to practice a bit more to perfect.


Over the gradients I freehanded the zig-zags with a striper brush and my Avon white. I added the dots with a medium sized dotting tool.


For the chick I used a base of H&M - Lemon Tree. I really struggle to get this polish smooth, I definitely need to invest in a better bright yellow polish! For the eyes I used a dotting tool, Barry M - Black and my Avon white. I also used a dotting tool for the feet and I freehanded the beak with a nail art brush, both of these are Models Own - Fuzzy Peach. I was inspired by this post here for my chicky.



For the bunny (my personal fave) I used a base of Rimmel - Ultra Violet and freehanded the outline of the bunny with Avon - White and my striper brush. I added the nose with a dotting tool and the pink in the ears with my striper brush using Ciate - Strawberry Milkshake. The eyes were done using a dotting tool and the whiskers with my striper brush, both with Barry M - Black. For the bunny I was inspired by this post here. 

Everything was topped off with a coat of Seche Vite. 

Hope you like them as much as I do, thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com