22 August 2014

Fingerfood's Theme Buffet - Science/Technology.

Hi everyone. An early post from me today, I have finished work already and I'm off out for the rest of the day with my family so I thought I'd post this now while I have a chance. 

This week's theme for Fingerfood's Theme Buffet is Science/Technology, and I have to admit this theme stumped me somewhat. All I could think of was galaxy nails because space is like science right?! haha ;). So instead I went to my boyfriend who is a bit of a geek and likes science-y, tech-y things and he suggested DNA structure. After googling pictures of it I decided it was a pretty good idea so that is what I went with.


Click below for more.



My base colour is Essie - Aruba Blue.


I then sponged on Barry M - Bikini on diagonally across each nail.. but in the end my spirals pretty much covered this whole step anyway.


I freehanded my DNA spirals using Sinful Colors - Snow Me White, added a few accents with Essie - In The Cab-ana and then a few white dots too.


I was really happy with these, I was expecting to come out with a so-so manicure when I first saw this theme - science/tech aren't huge interests of mine. But all thanks to geeky boyfriend I think I ended up with a pretty cool design. 

Have you ever had an unexpectedly great nail design? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

See you next time.

2 comments:

  1. I really like them! But then again, Biology is my background *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol so you're a bit biased then? ;) Thanks hun.

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com