8 August 2014

Fingerfood's Theme Buffet - Retro.

Hi lovelies. It's Friiiiday! I'm looking forward to my weekend as I am going on a night out tomorrow with my bestie, which I haven't done in forever.

Today I have this week's Fingerfood's Theme Buffet to show you, this week the theme is retro. I wouldn't say retro is my usual style, so I wasn't overly inspired by this theme. But I took to google and eventually came across this image which I liked the look of. As usual with me it's a floral pattern, I really am a bit of a flower freak!


Click below for more.



I used a base colour of Sally Hansen - Without A Stitch.


For the flowers I did a few blobs of Models Own - Peach Sherbet and China Glaze - Life Is Rosy using a dotting tool. Then I freehanded the brown details using OPI - I Sao Paulo Over There.


Finally I added in some large dots using Models Own - Peach Sherbet, China Glaze - Life Is Rosy and Essie - Neo Whimsical.


I wasn't sure about these to begin with but they have grown on me - looking back the photos now I actually quite like them. It's nice to try out something a bit different, to take me out of my comfort zone. 

Let me know what you think below.

Have a great Friday!



1 comment:

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com