12 September 2014

Fingerfood's Theme Buffet - Marbling.

Hello everyone. I'm baaack! I had an amazing holiday and I think I could do with another week laid on the beach in the sun, but it's back to reality for me now.

The theme for Fingerfood's Theme Buffet this week is marbling. Initially I was going to do a water marble but water marbling is not something that comes naturally to me - I have done a few water marbles in the past but they take a lot of time and effort (and wasted polish). So I decided to have a go at a drag marble/dry marble to see if it was any easier. I'm glad to report that it was much easier :). 


Click below for more.



To create this effect I painted thick coats of my two colours next to each other and whilst they were still wet I used a toothpick to swirl my colours together. I went for a circular pattern which reminded me of a whirl pool.. so I've named this my whirlpool drag marble. I originally saw someone on IG do this, I have completely forgotten who but this wasn't my original idea. The colours I used were Barry M - Blueberry and ILNP - Summer Stargazing.




I know these aren't totally perfect, but I was still pretty happy with them considering this is a new technique to me. It was quick and easy too so I reckon I'll be giving this another go at some point. 

Let me know what you think in the comments.

See you next time.



4 comments:

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com