25 September 2014

Distressed Chevrons

Hi everyone. How are you all? I have had a very long day today, but I have a day off tomorrow so I am looking forward to that.

I have a manicure to show you today which involved the melding together of two techniques (I felt like pushing the boat out you see lol). I came across this image online and I thought I could recreate it with a mixture of the dry brushing technique and some chevron stickers.. so that is what I did :).


Click below for more.


I started with a base of Sally Hansen - Without a Stitch and using the dry brush technique I roughly applied Barry M - Almond over the top. Once this was completely dry I applied my chevron stickers and filled in the gaps using OPI - Can't Find My Czechbook, China Glaze - Metro Pollen-tin, OPI - Can't Afjord Not To and Essie - Angora Cardi.




I was pretty happy with these. They took quite a while but they were fairly simple to do, and the colour combinations are endless for these. I may have to give these another go at some point. 

Let me know what you think in the comments.

See you next time.

2 comments:

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com