19 September 2014

Fingerfood's Theme Buffet - Art Deco

Hello loves. It's FRIDAY!! I hope you all have lovely weekend's ahead of you. My boyfriend is away this weekend so I have my flat all to myself, even if I will be a bit lonely at least I don't have to share the telly lol. 

I have this week's Theme Buffet to show you today and this week the theme is art deco. I wasn't actually all that sure what art deco was when I saw this theme.. I had heard of it but I had to google it to find out exactly. Looking a lot of the other manicures done for this theme I think I went a bit over the top with mine - but oh well, since when have I cared about having crazy nails? ;).



Click below for more.







I was inspired by these stained glass style images for this manicure. I started by painting all my nails yellow using China Glaze - Metro Pollen-tin and I outlined them using Essie - First Timer. Next I added my half moon which is Shimmer Polish - Karina. I added in the orange and purple using OPI - Where Did Suzi's Mango? and Essie - Splash of Grenadine. Finally I outlined it all with W7 - Black




These aren't my favourite nails I've ever done, but I am still fairly happy with them. There are a few bit where my lines are a bit wonky and not very smooth but I still like the design as a whole - it's something a bit different. 

What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments.

See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com