1 May 2014

Models Own Polish For Tans Swatches and Nail Art.

Hi everyone. I hope you are all well, one more day until the weekend! I have hurt my foot so I've been hobbling around all day, I'm looking forward to having the weekend off to rest it!

I have to be honest, I am not usually overwhelmed by Models Own collections. However when I saw their Polish For Tans collection I thought it looked awesome! So I snapped four of them up (I skipped the yellow because I'm not a neon yellow kinda gal) which I will be showing you today, along with some nail art. 



To see these lovely polishes click below.
I will show you the swatches first of all. First up is Shades.


Shades is a pink leaning coral neon. I used one coat over white on my ring finger and the other fingers are two coats without topcoat. Layering this polish over white made very little difference due to the more creamy formula than your standard neon polish. I was very impressed with the formula of this one, it applied very smoothly. I really like this shade (no pun intended) I think it is the most wearable of the bunch.

Secondly we have Flip Flop


Flip Flop is an acid green neon, it freaked out my camera a bit, it's slightly greener in real life. I used two coats over white on my ring finger and three coats on the rest. This one was the thickest of the bunch and was a little bit streaky, but evened out nicely after the third coat. Due to the thickness you do have to be a little bit careful with application, but nothing major. This one also dried to quite a matte finish. This one is really outrageous which makes me love it :).

Next we have Beach Bag.


Beach Bag I would describe as a muted neon orange, it isn't as eye searing as Flip Flop. This one had a good formula again, similar to Shades. I used one coat over white on my ring finger and two coats on the rest. 

Finally we have Sun Hat.


Sun Hat is a neon barbie pink, definitely the girliest of the lot. This one was a little bit thicker than Shades and Beach Bag, but not as thick as Flip Flop (plus it didn't streak). It applied very nicely and was sooo nearly a one coater. In the end I used one coat over white on the ring finger and two coats on my other fingers just to even it out a tiny bit. 

For my nail art I decided to go for a colour block design, since I really like them and I don't do them often enough. 


I used a base of Sinful Colors - Snow Me White.


I freehanded on each colour block using a detail brush and all four polishes.

 

Then I went back in to neaten up the lines with Sinful Colors - Snow Me White.


I have to say I really loved this collection, I have a feeling these might be my holiday shades. They make me feel so summery and happy! It's also nice to have neons with such easy formulas to work with. They are supposed to be tan enhancing, but I can't really comment on that since I don't have the slightest hint of a tan at the moment so there is nothing to enhance! My favourite is definitely Shades, as it's a bit more wearable in my opinion but they are all really lovely.

Have you tried any of these? Let me know what you think in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Flip Flop. It's so ridiculously bright :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com