29 July 2014

Pick A Polish: Belle Glamour - Emerald City

Hi lovelies. A slightly later post from me today, I took my sister out shopping for her birthday straight after work. It was fun but I am glad to be sat on my sofa now, having a rest :).

I have another Belle Glamour polish to show you for Pick A Polish this week. I did another one of these posts on a Belle Glamour polish just over a month ago here. This time it is Belle Glamour - Emerald City that I will be showing you. I have swatched this one before but never worn it as a full manicure.


Read on after the jump for more.


Emerald City is what I would describe as a forest green shimmer. This isn't a colour I would wear often, but I do actually quite like it on. This swatch shows three coats. Application was fairly good, it is a tad thick but providing you are patient and let each coat dry properly there aren't any issues. It did dry a little bit brush strokey, so I tried a new technique I saw on Work Play Polish which involved topping it with a matte topcoat first and then adding a shiny top coat over that. I have to say it worked well, the brush strokes are much less prominent using that technique. 


It took me a while to decide what to do with this polish in terms of nail art. In the end I settled on this design by lynieczka on instagram.


For the white and purple flowers I used Sinful Colors - Snow Me White and A England - Guinevere painted with a detail brush.


The yellow flowers were done using a dotting tool, China Glaze - Metro Pollen-tin and W7 - Black.


I was fairly happy with this design in the end, although I think I prefer the colours on the original though. I am loving the colour of this polish much more than I thought I would though, so that is the real winner of this post for me.

Let me know what you think in the comments below.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com