3 July 2014

Life In Lacquer's Nail Art Challenge - Food

Hello lovelies. An early post from me today as I am off to the airport in a few hours and flying out to Morocco this evening yay! I still have posts scheduled for the blog though, so it won't be quiet around here and my boyfriend has even agreed to share my posts on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter while I'm away (thanks Richard!).

The lovely Jade of Life In Lacquer is hosting a nail art challenge through the month of July which I have decided to take part in. I am on holiday for the next week (I don't know if I have mentioned that much hehe), but I have managed to get myself way ahead on my blog posts so I can still take part, because I haven't done a one off challenge in a while. The first prompt is food, so that is what I will be showing you today.


Read on after the jump for more.



I decided to go for cupcakes, because they are yummy and cute!


I used a base of OPI - Don't Bossa Nova Me Around.


The whole design was freehanded. For the cases I used Sinful Colors - Snow Me White and Barry M - Dragonfruit.


I used Revlon - Trade Winds for the cake and Barry M - Blueberry, Sinful Colors - Snow Me White and an unnamed Color Club for the icing.


I was happy with how these came out, they look more like cupcakes than I was expecting them to! It's nice to have some more delicate colours on my nails to break up all the brights I have been going for lately too (not that I will stop wearing bright polish any time soon). 

Let me know what you think in the comments.

Thanks for looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com