30 June 2014

Pick A Polish: Barielle - Wanna Samba

Hello lovely people. Happy Monday. I go on holiday this week, eeeeep! I may be a little bit excited.

For Pick A Polish this week I shall be showing you Barielle - Wanna Samba. I got this in a set from TK Maxx but haven't used it until now, so I've slayed another from the never ending mount untried! I was unsure of whether I would like this.. call me crazy but I am not a massive duochrome fan. But I was pleasantly surprised.


Read on after the jump for more.



Wanna Samba is a gunmetal grey duochrome that flashes to fuschia and green. This was pretty hard to capture on camera, but you can see the green on my tips in this swatch and you can just about see the pink around the base of my nail. The effect was much stronger in real life. This was two coats without topcoat, it was pretty easy to apply. It does show brush strokes a little bit so you do have to take some care with application, but nothing too tricky. I had lots of fun sitting at my desk at work watching the colours shift whilst wearing this, people must think I'm mad!


I wasn't really sure what to do for my nail art (I feel like I'm saying that way too often lately), but in the end I settled on a waterfall manicure inspired by The Nailasaurus


I used a striping brush to freehand my stripes.


The colours I used were Sinful Colors - Snow Me White, Barry M - Guava, Barry M - Blueberry, Moyra - 853 and Girly Bits - Mint To Be.


As I said earlier, I liked this polish more than I thought I would. It's not my favourite polish ever but it's still pretty. I kinda feel the same with this nail art.. not my best work but it's still nice. I think I need to stop being impatient and take a bit more care with my lines to make them a bit neater.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com