7 June 2014

Barry M Matte Collection Swatches

Hello ladies. It's the weekend! I spent my morning at work, but I'm home now so my weekend starts here.

It's not often I buy a complete collection, but when I saw Barry M's new matte collection for summer 2014 I just knew I had to try them all! So I ordered them and I am going to show you my swatches of them today.


Read on after the jump to see my swatches.

Since this is a matte collection all my swatches are without topcoat.

First we have Rhossilli.


Rhossilli is a bright, red toned purple. This one had a great formula, it was very smooth and opaque in one easy coat. It didn't streak or drag at all which is often the case with mattes. I really love this shade.

Next is Miami.


Miami is a bright, bubblegum pink. I used two coats for this swatch, but you could probably get away with one thicker coat. Not quite as smooth as Rhossilli, but still a nice formula.

Next we have Copa Cabana.


Copa Cabana is a bright red/coral shade. As with Miami I used two coats for this, but could probably have used one thicker coat. Application was very smooth. This one didn't seem to dry as matte as the other but I possibly should have given it longer to dry before taking my photos. I love how bright this one is :).

Now for Waikiki.


Waikiki is a chartreuse green shade. I used two coats for this swatch, it was a bit streaky on the first coat so the second was needed, but it evens out well. I'm not in love with this colour, I'm not sure I'll get much use out of it.. but that is just personal preference.

Next up is Cancun.


Cancun is a bright teal colour, it completely freaked out my camera so I had to colour correct it a bit. I used two coats, but like some of the others one thicker coat would probably suffice. Again it had a nice, smooth formula. I am a sucker for colours like these.

Finally we have Malibu.


Malibu is a bright sky blue. This one had the best formula in my opinion, one coat of perfection! I cannot fault it at all. I wasn't expecting to like this that much but I really do, it's such a vibrant colour.

I was pretty impressed with this collection overall. I think they have great formulas, I find mattes can often be hit or miss but these are wonderful. I think they are a great range of colours for the summer also. My surprise favourite was Malibu

Which one do you like the most? Let me know what you think in the comments.

Thanks for looking,

2 comments:

  1. I need to buy these but I've bought so many nail polishes recently! Cancun looks amazing!

    x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol me too, story of my life ;). Thanks, I liked that one too :).

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com