28 December 2013

Copycat Saturday - Tartan Nails

Hi everyone. How are you all? I am enjoying my time off work while it lasts :).

I have the start of another new series to show you today, as you can tell by the title I have called this Copycat Saturday. I find myself more often than not stealing other peoples ideas when it comes to nail art, there are so many cool designs out there to try! But I do feel I should probably try and come up with my own ideas more often. So I have decided to do a copycat manicure once a week, then the rest of the time I shall be forced to think of an idea myself. 

For my first design I decided to go for this pretty, which was a twin manicure by amkuch15 and majikbeenz on instagram. I thought this was seriously cool and on trend.


For full details on this manicure click below.


I started with a base of Color Club - White on all my nails apart from my middle finger which was Barry M - Majesty.


I freehanded the tartan patterns using a striping brush.


For my red nail I used China Glaze - Hey Sailor and Sally Hansen - Cinnasnap.


On the green nail I used Barry M - Spring Green and Avon - Midnight Green.


The white and gold on these nails are Color Club - White and Barry M - Majesty again.

I really loved how these came out! I didn't want to take them off when it came to my next design. Since it was only two nails of nail art it didn't take me too long either which is always a plus. 

Let me know what you think in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. love your nail art ,and follow you now.i the 21st :-)
    hope you will follow back,if you like !
    bubica

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com