31 January 2015

52 Week Pick & Mix Challenge: Fishbraid/Non Glitter Topper

Hello lovely ladies. It's the weekend!!! I'm off out with the girls tonight which I am looking forward to :). 

I'm a bit late with this week's 52 Week Challenge, I usually post them on a Tuesday but I'm just sneaking it in before the deadline! I have to admit I struggled with this theme, I did three different manicures before I had one I was happy with - hence why I'm a bit late. In the end though, I was very happy with the outcome. 


Click below for more. 



At first I was trying to incorporate a non glitter topper into my fishbraid, but that really wasn't working so I just opted for a normal fishbraid in the end. The colours I used were OPI - Love.Angel.Music.Baby, OPI - Do You Have This Colour In Stockholm and Avon - Coral Reef. I just used the brushes from the bottle to paint on my stripes. These did end up quite thick unfortunately, due to using so many layers of polish. So they took forever to dry even with fast dry topcoat! 




I'm glad I persevered with this prompt, I was about ready to give up after my second attempt but it was third time lucky on this occasion! I am really loving these three colours together, I think they work well. 

Let me know what you think in the comments. 

See you next time.  

1 comment:

  1. I adore the colors you've used! Seriously so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com